Friday 27 January 2012

Think Green

I think that where the people learn the most about the environmentally friendly practices is in the school and at home with the family. The younger generation has more conscience about taking care of the environment and nature than us, because in the school they learn about it and in others places like the TV or the internet the information is available for everyone. I have incorporated recycling into my habits by separating the trash like the tetra-pack boxes, the glass bottles or the paper, and taking all of this to the recycling spots near to my home. Because I live far away of the University and my friends I don’t use the bike, also because my neighborhood is not to friendly whit the bike riders, so I use the car a lot, but when I can I try to use the Bus or the subway. 

I haven’t joined or supported any eco-organizations because I think that I can help doing little things at home or changing my bad habits. Besides I’m not very into the ecologist cause, there are much media attention and social attention to the environmentally problems right now, and there are other socials problems that there are not taking care of.

The others things that I have done, is try to change my bad habits like leaving the TV on, even if I’m not watching, or leave the computer on, or taking long showers. Those are things that I also doo to reduce my carbon footprint, including the transportation like taking a bus instead of driving the car.  I think that in this society is missing more education about this topic, also make the city of Santiago more eco-friendly, like constructing  more bike paths, respect more the bike riders and the pedestrians, using  non-polluting kinds of energy etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment