Friday 20 January 2012

Music

In general, I like any kind of music. But my favorite is rock music or folk music mostly of Americans or British bands, but I also like Latin music especially the dancing kind of it or the Trova. I usually listen to music when I’m at home hanging out in my room, or when I’m going somewhere and I take the bus or the subway, also I love listen to music when I’m driving so I can sing along.  

I don’t have a favorite group, but one of the bands that I often listen to are The Arctic Monkeys; they are an English indie rock band that was formed in 2002. They will came to Chile for the Lollapalooza festival in April and I would love to see them performing. I like this band because the lyrics of their songs, the kind of music that they make and the voice of Alex Turner, the singer.

I think that music is a really important part of my life because it helps me to express my feelings also I can feel related to the lyrics and that helps me to get throw different moments of my life , is like a soundtrack to my life. Also the music is a placer, so is a way of enjoy the life too, that’s why I think that music is something that everyone loves and enjoy, even if you doesn’t listen too much of it, the music is everywhere and for every kind of taste.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Belen!

    I agree with you when you say that music help us to express our feelings.
    I also listen to music when I ride the bus :)


    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend! How are you?

    About The Artic Monkeys, I know you like them. I also know that they are a good band, but I don't know why I don't listen to them.

    Have a good end of semester, see you at U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, Belén.

    Just for you to know; the verbs "Love" and "like", specially when you talk about passions, are followed by another verb in -ing. So, "I love listening to music".

    Do you mean Music is a "pleasure"?

    (Also the music is a placer)

    Don´t forget subjects after connectors and using gerund (v-ing) after a preposition.

    " so IT is a way of enjoy the life, too..." and "music is a way of enjoying life."

    2 POINTS

    ReplyDelete