Friday 16 December 2011

A new and strange term

My name is Belén and I’m in third year of sociology.
I hope that this new term won`t be as difficult as I think, because it’ll be a really short semester so we will have less time to see the contents that we need, also the contents of the subjects have been reduced.  So that’s why I’ve decided to take only the obligatory subjects and the English 4 class, that’s means that I didn’t take any compulsory subject so I might get a little behind with my classes. Any way… I take Sociological Theory 4, Economical Sociology, Population and Society, Sociology of the Organizations, and Quantitative Techniques 2.
I’m not really happy about being studying in the Christmas time, specially because it is summer, so the hot weather makes it really difficult, in the other hand, some of my friends are already on vacations and planning their trips for the next month, so that make me wish to be on vacations too.
In this class I would like to practice my speaking skills because in English that is the hardest part to me. Also, I would like to have fun activities to make easier the learning process. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I was reading you blg and i felt so identificate with your words.
    I think we need to see the good part of this, without matter if it is small. I think that at least we are with our friends and not alone having classes on summer time.
    And in the other side, we will have to many vacations in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belén!
    I feel bad too when my friends tell me about their plans in this summer. This is the cost of the mobilizations. Al least we will have three weeks in February to have a rest.
    Good luck with your subjects and with this hot summer!!!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, Belen.

    First of all, I want to apologize because I didn´t have the address of your blog right, and that´s why I couldn´t correct your posts before.

    About your post, I have to suggest the following:

    When you say,

    "I hope that this new term won`t be as difficult as I think,..."

    I would say, " I hope that this new term ISN´T as difficult as I think,

    Also the word "compulsory" means "obligatory". I suppose you want to say "optional or not compulsory"

    Finally, the connector is "On the other hand".

    2 POINTS

    ReplyDelete